April 2015 – present. Senior Copywriter, The Brand Agency Melbourne, Australia.
November 2014 – April 2015. Senior Freelance Copywriter, Melbourne, Australia.
June 2014 – January 2015. Copy Lead - Telstra Store of the Future project, TribalDDB Melbourne, Australia.
May 2012 – June 2014. Digital Copywriter, SapientNitro Melbourne, Australia.
September 2011 – April 2012. Freelance Copywriter, Melbourne, Australia.
2007 – August 2011. Creative Group Head/ Snr. Copywriter, Y&R Amman, Jordan.
2006 – 2007. Copywriter, Y&R Abu Dhabi, UAE.
2004 – 2006. Copywriter, BADJAR, Melbourne.
2003. Copywriter internship at Grey Melbourne and Clemenger BBDO Melbourne.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS (OVERVIEW):
A truly integrated writer who is a multiple award winner in digital, ATL, BTL, BTB and retail categories.
- Won significant business as lead creative on C.U.B (SapientNitro Melbourne) Royal Jordanian, Orange and Fine Tissues (Y&R Amman), Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) and Etisalat (Y&R Abu Dhabi) and Coles Myer – Officeworks and Liquorland (BADJAR).
- Launched Bunnings Trade advertising campaign - the biggest new campaign for Bunnings Warehouse in over 10 years.
- Was the copy lead on the Telstra Store of the Future project with TribalDDB. Responsible for 4 writers and ensuring a successful launch of the $112 million store on time. The project won Gold at the Sydney Design Awards.
- Was the lead writer in Jordan of the most successful agency at consecutive National Advertising Award shows, as well as being the first Jordanian agency to be recognized at the regional Dubai Lynx awards and in Lürzer's Archive.
- A team player with evidenced ability to build relationships with local and international clients and colleagues. Demonstrated sensitivity to foreign cultures and markets.
- Led writing teams at 2 Middle Eastern agencies.
The Brand Agency, Australia. April 2015 – present
- Launched the Bunnings Trade brand into the public with the ‘Made for the Trade’ campaign. Took the brand from a series of weekly eDMs into utilising the full suite of ATL and BTL channels.
- Piloted Bunnings’ commitment towards targeting Millennials. Instigated a fresh way of thinking when it comes to targeting that is currently being explored.
TribalDDB Melbourne, Australia. June 2014 – January 2015
Copy Lead/ Snr. Digital Copywriter
- Copy Lead on the Telstra Store of the Future project. Assembled and lead a team of 4 writers to create a retail store experience like no other seen in Australia. It won Gold at the Sydney Design Awards.
- Oversaw (and wrote my own fair share) of 10,000's of words for a variety of installations and experiences that are at the intersection of physical and digital retail worlds. Copy spanned projects such as product write-ups, reviews, glimpses into the future of technology, technology Masterclasses, video scripts, ATL, BTL, POS materials, social media, eDM's and the commencement speech for Telstra's CEO.
SapientNitro Melbourne, Australia. May 2012 – present
- Lead writer and creative on C.U.B digital account – providing thought leadership across 5 brands, B2B portal and internal digital initiatives such as their digital strategy vision.
- Created highly visible work for brands such as C.U.B, Super Cheap Auto, RACQ, BT, Paddle Pop, Stockland, Tourism Queensland, Unilever, OPSM, Sunglass Hut, Terry White Chemists, Gold Coast Suns, Snooze, Victoria University.
- Mapped out and executed consumer journeys for clients such as C.U.B, C.U.B Brewhouse, Snooze and Terry White Chemists.
- Won significant new business including C.U.B, The Glenlivit (Singapore office), Pernod Ricard (Singapore), Moët Hennessy (Global).
Freelance projects. September 2007 – April 2012.
- Worked on numerous clients for agencies in Melbourne such as C.H.E, Visual Jazz, Wilson Everard and sportsbet.com.au
Team Y&R Amman, Jordan. August 2007 – August 2011.
Creative Group Head/ Senior Copywriter
- Oversaw the creative product of a team of 7 as the Creative Group Head, including writers and art directors, winning significant new business and winning local awards.
- Led creative department as senior writer, overseeing the work and training of up to 8 writers at a time. This included both English and Arabic writers.
- Won a significant amount of new business including Orange Communications, Royal Jordanian airlines, various Governmental agencies and major real estate clients.
- Created highly successful and visible campaigns for Bank of Jordan, Orange, Royal Jordanian, Cozmo Supermarkets, Kia and Fine tissues.
Team Y&R Abu Dhabi, UAE. July 2006 - August 2007.
- Lead the copywriting team of up to 8 writers (both English and Arabic) as the senior English writer.
- Won new business including multiple Governmental agencies, real estate clients and retained business on Etisalat communications and Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank.
- Created highly successful and visible campaigns for Etisalat, Sorouh and ADCB.
BADJAR (later to merge with Singelton, Ogilvy and Mather) Melbourne. January 2004 – June 2006.
- Worked on and won significant major clients such as Officeworks and Liquorland.
- Created successful and visible campaigns for McCain frozen food, Tattersalls and Essendon Football Club.